“Stick Na Tala” competition Terms and Conditions
- These rules apply to Tala’s “Stick Na Tala”online competition, promotion and giveaways and suchlike, promoted on and run through our website or social media channels.
- The “Stick Na Tala” online competition is a giveaway contest where entrants will be invited to respond to a social media prompt by submitting comments to our Facebook page.
- To enter the “Stick Na Tala” online competition you must participate as directed on our Facebook Page.
- “Stick Na Tala” online competition is free to enter (there is NO entry free or purchase required to be a participant).
- Our website and social media pages and all its associated data is managed by our digital marketing and communication teams.
- By entering the “Stick Na Tala” online competition, an entrant/participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Eligibility and entry restrictions
To be eligible participate in the “Stick Na Tala” online competition:
- Entrant must be a real person, above 18 years old and permanently resident in Kenya.
- Entrant must be a Tala customer.
- Entrant must not be a Tala employee, officer or agent, or an employee, officer or agent of any person or organisation involved in the running of the competition, and you must not be a family relation of any such person.
- Entrant must have a genuine account and must ‘like’ the Tala social network page (Facebook Page) as part of the entry process.
- Tala reserves the right to cancel or amend the “Stick Na Tala” online competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Tala’s control or at its’ discretion. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible through Tala’s Facebook Page.
- Any changes to these terms and conditions shall be effective immediately upon posting to Tala’s Facebook Page.
- All entrants/winners/participants must fill the and provide documentation as per the “KYC Self Declaration Form” attached hereto as Annexure 1.
Start and closing dates
- The “Stick Na Tala” online competition shall open for entries at the time and on the date specified on Tala’s Facebook Page, and similarly, shall close to entries at the time and on the date specified on our website and social media channels. Unless otherwise stated, these times and dates are set to those in Nairobi, Kenya (GMT +3).
- Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the “Stick Na Tala” online competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the “Stick Na Tala” online competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Tala reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
- Entry into the “Stick Na Tala” online competition will be deemed as acceptance of all of these terms and conditions.
- The “Stick Na Tala” online competition entries shall be judged or winners selected by the picking of the first entrant eligible.
- If a “Stick Na Tala” online competition entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner, and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
- Tala’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The “Stick Na Tala” online competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Kenyan law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Kenya.
Winners and prizes
- The maximum number of entries for the “Stick Na Tala” online competition is one (1) entry per person for the duration of the competition (only one entry will be accepted per person).
- Entrants only have one chance to win for each entry (one person cannot have more than one win) for the entire “Stick Na Tala” online competition.
- The maximum number of overall entries for the “Stick Na Tala” online competition shall be at Tala’s sole discretion. Once this number of entries have been received, the “Stick Na Tala” online competition will be closed to new entries, notwithstanding the published closing date.
- The “Stick Na Tala” online competition prizes shall be specified on Tala’s Facebook Page. Prizes will be announced on Tala’s Facebook Page and will be administered as per the following schedule.
|Submission Period||Duration of Submission Period||Winners|
|April 16th||10 minutes||10 Winners|
|April 23rd||10 Minutes||10 Winners|
|April 30th||10 Minutes||10 Winners|
|May 7th||10 Minutes||10 Winners|
- The “Stick Na Tala” online competition prize winners will be notified of the competition result by email (if address is asked for/provided) or by direct message through Tala’s Facebook Page (winners must therefore ‘like’ or ‘follow’ the Tala Facebook Page in order to be contacted about prizes) not more than seven (7) days following the closing date of the competition, and will receive their prizes not more than thirty (30) days following that closing date.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for seven (7) days but if the winner fails to respond to our notification attempts within this time or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found or Tala will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it sees fit without any liability to the winner for doing so.
- The results of a competition will be announced on Tala’s Facebook Page within three (3) days following the closing date of the weekly competition. The announcement may include the name and photograph, the town or region of residence and prize details of each prize winner.
- No cash alternative to the physical prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another without giving notice.
- Tala will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered. Pick up and collection of the prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes not picked up after ten (10) days will be forfeited and offered to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- Tala will not be responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party.
- Tala has arranged the “Stick Na Tala” online competition in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the promotion or any aspect of any prize awarded.
Copyright and moral rights
For the entrants and participants of the “Stick Na Tala” online competition;
- You warrant to Tala that you created your own competition entries, that you own all of the copyright in those entries, and that our use of the entries in accordance with these rules will not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or other legal rights.
- You grant to Tala an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable license to copy, store, edit, distribute, transmit and publish your competition entries.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you irrevocable and unconditionally waive your rights to be identified as the author of your competition entries and to object to any derogatory treatment of your competition entries.
- We may undertake publicity activities relating to competitions and prize awards. The winner therefore agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of town or region of residence in any post-prize-winning publicity names, surnames, towns or regions of residence and prize details.
- Any publicity for winners will be without any payment.
- By entering and participating, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Tala or its agents and suppliers solely to administer the “Stick Na Tala” online competition.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2019) and will not be disclosed to a third party without prior consent.
- Tala will only process collect winners’/entrants’ personal information in order to administer the “Stick Na Tala” online competition . If the information requested is not provided, the claimant/entrant may not be able to participate in the “Stick Na Tala” online competition.
- Tala will not disclose any personal information collected in connection to the “Stick Na Tala” online competition to anyone other than contractors who provide services to Tala for the purposes of conducting the “Stick Na Tala” online competition unless compelled or permitted by law.
- As per the Data Protection Act (2019), a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Tala at email@example.com
This “Stick Na Tala” online competition is run by Tala and you can contact us:
- using our website contact form;
- by email, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org under subject “Stick Na Tala”
- by direct message on our social media channels
- In the event that Tala wishes to contact you in connection with your entry via email we will do so via an email ending in ‘tala.co’. Any email which appears to come from Tala, but using a different ending (e.g. gmail.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com etc) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to our contacts above. DO NOT respond or act on any email if you are not sure that it comes from Tala. If you are in any doubt please contact Customer Services.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Tala, its employees, agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of participating in the “Stick Na Tala” online competition.
- The “Stick Na Tala” online competition will be governed by Kenyan law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the Kenyan courts
ANNEXURE 1: KYC SELF DECLARATION – INDIVIDUAL WINNER
I (Full Name)_________________________________________________________________________________of ID No. / Passport No. __________________________________________________________do solemnly declare that the information provided in this form with respect to participating in the Stick Na Tala online competition is correct and latest to the best of my knowledge.
|Full Name as per National IDentity Card (ID) or valid Kenyan Passport (*details should tally with Mpesa registration)|
|National IDentity Card (ID) or valid Kenyan Passport Number|
|MPesa registered mobile number|
|Facebook Account name|
I confirm that the information provided above with respect to my above mentioned personal details remains unchanged and correct.
Copies of documentation to be provided
Photo Identity documents Proof: (Any one of the following documents to be submitted)
- Valid Passport
- National Identity Card
*Please provide clear, legible and self attested copies of the above mentioned documents. Any invalid or unclear documents will not be accepted.
Signature of the Winner