Resources to stay safe and manage your money
We know Kenyan communities are in a tough position due to COVID-19. Here are some resources to help manage your money and stay safe during this difficult time.
How does COVID-19 affect my Tala account?
To ensure the safety of our employees, we are working at reduced capacity and limiting loans due to the COVID-19 crisis. As a result, you may experience temporary holds on your account or reduced loan amounts. Rest assured, this is only temporary and we plan on returning to normal operations as soon as possible.
For customers with outstanding loans, we want to work with you on a personalized payment plan that meets your needs. Please reach out to our team for support by submitting a ticket here or texting us at 21991. We thank you for your patience as we overcome this difficult time together.
Visit our Help Center for the most up-to-date information about Tala.
How can I manage my finances during COVID-19?
To manage your finances during COVID-19, it’s important to stay calm and make a plan based on your situation. If your income has been reduced, it’s critical to make a detailed budget and cut out non-essential spending. Don’t leave anything to chance. Our blog has articles to help you manage your money with topics like:
- How to reopen your business safely
- How to budget on reduced income
- How to stay calm and make smart decisions
Visit our blog here.
How can I stay safe & healthy?
To prevent the spread of the virus, it’s important to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Keep a safe distance from others (minimum 1 meter)
- Stay home! Social distancing is the most effective way to stay safe.
Check out these resources for up-to-date information on protecting yourself from COVID-19:
- Smart Health Covid-19 risk assessment tool: Use this tool to quickly identify coronavirus symptoms and get reliable information regarding COVID-19 concerns.
- Mental 360: Support and resources for mental health challenges
- Kenya Ministry of Health General Covid-19 information
- World Health Organization health advice regarding COVID-19
Am I at risk for COVID-19?
Use this self assessment tool from Ilara Health to help determine what actions, if any, you need to take due to COVID-19.
Community Support & COVID-19 Rebuild Fund
To help communities cope with and recover from the impacts of COVID-19, we launched the COVID-19 Rebuild Fund. Through the fund we have disbursed long-term, 0% interest loans to hundreds of entrepreneurs who are providing jobs and essential services such as clean water and accessible food to their broader communities.
Tala Health Insurance
Access the only health insurance plan that includes coverage of COVID-19 medical expenses of up to KSh 15,000 per year for only KSh 450. Learn more here.
We are inspired by the people of Kenya who are serving their communities during this difficult time. We’re proud to support some incredible customers through the Tala Rebuild Fund who are using their loans to create jobs and help thier communities cope with COVID-19 by:
We have been though challenges before, and we will get through this one together. Stay safe and healthy!